Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Join Australia's Defence industry leader
• Flexible, diverse and inclusive culture
• Challenging career opportunities based in Newcastle, NSW
Our Training and Air Combat Support team based in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales are seeking applications from Software Engineers in search of a challenging and diverse role, set within an innovative and performance driven culture.
Only two hours' drive north of Sydney, Newcastle is situated on the door step of the stunning Hunter Valley wine country, beautiful Port Stephens and the expansive Lake Macquarie. Newcastle offers a robust industrial economy with a diverse mix of agriculture, arts and natural attractions. With all the benefits or a large city but with the friendliness of a relaxed regional town you will achieve a true work/life balance.
Secure career longevity and the opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest defence contractors and leading employers of choice by joining our Integrated Avionics Systems Support Facility (IASSF) team.
Within a team environment and under supervision, the successful applicant will have exposure across a range of disciplines, and will complete software engineering activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions.
You will be given the breadth to thrive in this ever changing environment, which will see you:
• Undertake all assigned software engineering activities in accordance with the project directives and standards
• Develop and maintain engineering documentation in accordance with the appropriate standards
• Provide regular status information to supervisor
• Work effectively as part of the engineering team
• Deliver project artefacts and participate in peer reviews, as required
• Assist in the development of project infrastructure, such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
• Comply with the requirements of BAE Systems Quality systems
To secure this rare opportunity that will enable you to hone your specialist skill set and leverage your career to the next level, you will need:
• A Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology degree qualification
• Experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies: C, C++, C#, Ada, and Assembler software languages; scripting languages; software development under the Windows and/or UNIX environments; object oriented design principles; UML modelling, or structured (functional) design principles
• Experience in developing hardware solutions: simple electrical/electronic designs, systems integration, use of AutoCAD, manufacturing hand skills (e.g. soldering)
• Sound communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Sally Porter, HR Advisor – Recruitment and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application and a cover letter detailing your position of interest.
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html