Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
COMBAT AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER
• Join a global organisation
• Specialise in the maritime industry
• Potts Point location with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. The Maritime Support Services business provides comprehensive through-life-support services for naval and marine ships and systems with sites in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
As a key member our Maritime Sustainment team, as the Combat and Communications Engineer, you will be accountable for the recommendations, the design and development of combat systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to improve the availability and maintainability of the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Class of vessels.
In more specific terms, you will:
• Manage the engineering activities within a structured systems engineering framework to support the delivery of engineering solutions, in accordance with BAE Systems Contractor Engineering Management Plan (CEMP), and other relevant policy, plans and procedures
• Undertake system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture
• Conduct the developmental activities for technical instructions; engineering investigations; and supportability and engineering analyses
• Develop optimised system and/or equipment detail designs with the ability to present the designs in design reviews
• Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
• Contribute to process improvement and other duties as assigned
As the ideal candidate, you will present with:
• A mechatronic/electrical engineering degree or similar qualification
• Significant experience within the electrical/electronic engineering discipline ideally gained in a maritime and/or defence environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize activities to meet project schedules with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively build relationships and to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Proficiency in contemporary engineering application software
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html