Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Experienced Scheduler required for innovative planning cell for DDG sustainment program
• Work collaboratively to drive consistency in the scheduling approach
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
As part of the Integrated Planning Cell, you will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of project/program schedules for the Enterprise. Your primary function will be to maintain schedules with a strong focus on project delivery and the efficient use of enterprise resources
You will make your mark by:
• Developing schedule control processes, policies, and procedures and ensuring compliance during the development of task/project schedules
• Contributing to the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Master Schedule for key activities, using Open Plan Professional 2
• Collating validating and integrating task and project schedules from a range of inputs
• Integrating inputs from low level schedules (from supplier scheduling toolsets) into the Enterprise Master Schedule
• Validating and identifying major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events based on inputs from other members in the Integrated Planning Cell
• Implementing a rolling wave planning methodology.
• Producing a range of reports including weekly upcoming and late tasks (3 week outlook), performance measurement metrics and summary level schedule reports
• Developing and maintaining a program dashboard to provide snapshot reporting for the enterprise work program
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role in an agile and complex planning environment, preferably the defence industry
• An in-depth understanding and experience with a range of planning /scheduling tools
• The proven ability to work with a range of data sources to integrate schedules eg Asset Management Plans, Five Year Work Program, Annual Work Program and Fleet Activity Schedule
• The ability to develop strong working relationships in demanding and changing enterprise environment
• Highly developed interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
• The ability to solve problems and resolve issues of a complex nature and identify patterns, trends and anomalies
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: