Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
Senior Software Engineer
• Exciting Defence related projects
• Bring your strong .Net skills to this interesting project
• Based in Canberra, ACT
As we look forward in 2016 and beyond, we anticipate we will enjoy strong growth and interesting challenges in supporting the Department of Defence to deliver information and communications technology (ICT) solutions via various programs.
As a Software Engineer you will be a recognised software specialist in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaisance and bring specialisation to the development of software systems.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
• Conduct software technical investigations and proof of concepts for solutions
• Undertake all assigned software engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
• Undertake requirements analysis, develop detailed design and participate in reviews
• Undertake the integration and validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
• Support qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
• Develop software engineering related documentation in accordance with standards
• Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors as required
• Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
As the ideal applicant you will have:
• Strong software development experience(4+ years with Microsoft .Net stack)
• Current experience with complex C# .Net MVC web development.
• A good understanding of Entity Framework and dependency injection
• Solid experience with JSON, XML and JQuery
• Solid experience in using Microsoft SQL Server and Database design
• Strong analytical skills and an excellent understanding of object oriented concepts
• A proven ability to work as a member of an integrated team
• A proven ability to document technical processes
• A proven ability to support productive working relationships by working cohesively and flexibly with the broader program team, key business partners and stakeholders groups
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• The ability to effectively prioritise and allocate administrative tasks
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html