Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
System Availability Modeller
• Develop and maintain system models for DDG Enterprise
• Consultative and people focused approach essential
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been successful in being selected as the managing contractor for the Guided Missile Destroyer program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a new and innovative customer focused solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
We are now accepting applications from experienced Asset Performance Modellers.
Reporting to the Senior Asset Performance Modeller, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of allocated system models used by the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) Enterprise to simulate performance elements of the DDG ship Material System in operation, in support of forward planning activities.
You contribution to the team will include:
• Developing, maintaining and updating allocated models associated in support of program objectives
• Undertaking engineering activities in line with capability and without supervision
• Making engineering decisions within scope of responsibility and delegated authority
• Managing elements of allocated work packages including providing guidance to support staff
• Maintaining closure of allocated activities to agreed standards and schedules
• Analysing, interrogating, manipulating and reporting on supportability data
• Liaising with customers and suppliers as required
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in the support and/or development of Logistics Information Management Systems (LIMS) and artefacts in a maritime maintenance environment supported by a relevant tertiary qualification (engineering or logistics)
• A working knowledge of Asset Management – Management System requirements
• A working knowledge of and experience with industry performance modelling software and conduct of front end logistic support analysis activities and accrual accounting practices
• The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives
• Demonstrated knowledge of the application of integrated logistics support, life cycle
costing, logistics cost of ownership principles and the system engineering lifecycle
• Proficiency in the use of a number of systems models and various analyses methodologies
• A strong focus on teamwork and collaboration
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html