ACCEPTANCE, VERIFICATION & VALIDATION (AV&V) LEAD | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Feb-2018|
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. Whilst opportunities are broad across a variety of domains, we're keen to receive expressions of interest from individuals for opportunities within our HF Radar projects and other new programs.
To ensure these programs are led and delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to express your interest in joining BAE Systems Australia in the role of Acceptance, Verification and Validation (AV&V) Lead.
Reporting to the Systems Project Manager, you will be lead a major Defence acceptance, verification and validation program ensuring successful delivery of project outcomes.
You will make your mark by:
- Planning and managing a complex program of testing activities in a green field environment
- Managing a team of acceptance, verification and validation specialists
- Ensuring that cost and schedule goals are achieved
- Preparing, modifying and executing integration and test planning documentation
- Managing the identification and resolution of issues with the integration/testing of subsystems and systems
- Managing the acceptance of subsystems from external suppliers
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Previous experience leading a major defence acceptance, verification and validation program
- The proven ability to develop and lead high performing teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the abilities to engage and influence
- Highly developed project management skills
- A strong background in electronics/software/radar systems
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence to achieve positive business outcomes
- Complex ASDEFCON experience including acceptance and test
- The willingness to travel to remote locations as required
Whilst not essential, tertiary qualifications in engineering or an equivalent discipline will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: ttps://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html