* Contracts specialist sought for our Integrated Systems business
* Fixed term for 12 months
* Great working environment in Canberra CBD location
Applications are now sought from experienced contracts specialists for a role within our high tech Integrated Systems business in Canberra, ACT. Reporting to the Adelaide based Commercial and Subcontract Manager, you'l be responsible for providing commercial support to assist project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business. You'll enjoy a dual focus on both commercial (head contract) and subcontract (supplier) offering variety and interesting work.
This role will be offered on a fixed term basis until the end of March 2018.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
* Provide advice and assistance on commercial and subcontract matters
* Administer contracts which will encompass liaison with customers on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues, including:
- Reviewing customer and subcontractor communications and preparation of correspondence
- Preparing and maintaining contract documentation (including contract amendments and change proposals), records and
- Ensuring that all order intakes and subcontract agreements are registered, invoices raised and payments received
- Preparing contract amendments and contract change proposals
* Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
* Support the commercial and subcontract aspects of project phase reviews
* Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with Commercial and Subcontract management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
* Support customer and subcontractor cost and pricing analysis
* Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract change proposals as requested/directed; and provide support on major bids
* Set in place licences and agreements in accordance with import/export requirements, including but not necessarily limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office requirements
As the ideal applicant, you will present with:
* A tertiary qualification in a legal or a related discipline
* Previous commercial and subcontracts management experience gained in a similar environment
* Superior communication skills, both written and verbal which enable you to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
* Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html