Working at BAE Systems Australia is a quick way to grow my career; different experiences, a variety of challenges and the chance to put my skills to the test.
However, the main reason it works for me is the lifestyle. It's friendly, flexible, accommodating and focused on my personal growth.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
SENIOR COMMERCIAL AND SUBCONTRACTS OFFICER
• Global company with multiple sites around Australia
• Permanent and full time Commercial and Subcontracts position
• North Ryde, New South Wales location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. The Commercial and Subcontracts team is integral to the delivery of this work.
Reporting to the Commercial and Subcontracts Manager, we are seeking to appoint a self-driven Senior Commercial and Subcontracts Officer to make a valuable contribution to our business. This key role will be based at our North Ryde, New South Wales location and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. Are you up for the challenge?
As the Senior and Commercial Subcontracts Officer, you will:
• Provide advice and assistance on commercial and subcontract matters
• Administer BAE Systems' contracts which will encompass liaison with customers on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues, including:
o Reviewing customer and subcontractor communications and preparation of correspondence
o Preparing and maintaining contract documentation (including contract amendments and change proposals) records and internal reports
o Ensuring that all order intakes and subcontract agreements are registered, invoices raised and payments received
o Preparing contract amendments and contract change proposals
• Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and plan and prepare all Request for Bid Approval review packs
• Support the commercial and subcontract aspects of project phase reviews
• Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with Commercial and Subcontract management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
• Support customer and subcontractor cost and pricing analysis, negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract change proposals as requested and provide support on major bids
• Set in place licences and agreements in accordance with import/export requirements
As an ideal applicant you will have:
• Extensive commercial and subcontracts management experience
• Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities
Whilst not essential, a tertiary degree qualification in a business, legal or a related discipline coupled with commercial and subcontracts management experience within the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, HR Advisor – Recruitment & Resourcing. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html