Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Experienced Reliability Engineer required for DDG sustainment program
• Investigate and analyse data and trends on ship equipment and systems
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Engineering Assurance Manager you will investigate and analyse data and trends on equipment and systems fitted to the DDG class warship, and make recommendations to ensure the effective operation of the equipment and systems for DDG Life of Type.
You will ensure that the reliability engineering outputs are developed in accordance with company standard procedures and processes and those collaboratively developed within the Enterprise to meet the agreed operational needs of the customer and end-user.
You will make your mark by:
• Leading and performing reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) modelling and calculations for equipment and systems as required
• Supporting strategy development, modelling and performance evaluation
• Reviewing a range of relevant Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) activities
• Conducting investigations and analysis of data collected for an impression of equipment/systems history and current condition
• Conducting risk assessments on the equipment/system being investigated
• Drawing conclusions and proposing recommendations to improve equipment/system reliability and supportability based on analysis and available evidence
• Completing and delivering reports on time
• Ensuring that product reliability is maintained and a high level of engineering performance and operational availability is achieved
• Providing support to the existing design, development, design evaluation, engineering change and reliability during all stages of the life of the DDG fleet
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in the technical review and reporting of assessment data relative to the mechanical and/or electrical health of systems and equipment preferably in a Defence environment
• Experience in the operation and/or maintenance of those systems within the maritime environment or related technical industry
• Proven ability to lead teams of specialty analysts
• Sound knowledge of and practical experience with all aspects systems development lifecycle
• Demonstrated understanding of systems engineering
• Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a related discipline
• Proven experience in effective liaison with customers and sub-contractors on reliability related issues
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the abilities to coach and mentor
• Strong presentation skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: <a https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html