Working at BAE Systems Australia is a quick way to grow my career; different experiences, a variety of challenges and the chance to put my skills to the test.
However, the main reason it works for me is the lifestyle. It's friendly, flexible, accommodating and focused on my personal growth.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Experienced Executive Assistant required for major Defence program
• Provide high level support to 2 defence executives
• Garden Island, NSW location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been successful in being selected as the managing contractor for the Guided Missile Destroyer program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a new and innovative customer focused solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused. We are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
We are now pleased to welcome applications from experienced Executive Assistants.
Reporting to the Enterprise Program Manager and Systems Program Office Director, you will be responsible for providing high level administrative support to the executive members of the team. Your proactive approach and ability to anticipate needs will be keys to your success.
You will contribute to the team by:
• Providing a range of executive support and assistance from document preparation to diary management and expense claims
• Coordinating meetings and appointments for Managers as required
• Developing appropriate systems, procedures and controls to improve accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work
• Liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinating all travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries
• Taking minutes, recording actions from meetings and maintaining meeting agendas
• Balancing and managing competing priorities in a fast paced and challenging environment
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role in a project based environment in the Defence sector
• Experience with diary management and travel coordination
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
• A team focused approach with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives
• High levels of initiative and excellent time management skills
• Superior organisational capabilities, an eye for detail and commitment to quality
• High levels of flexibility and resilience
• The ability to adapt to the demands of a changing work environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html