Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Global company
• Permanent and full time Electrical Engineer position
• Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia’s Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
We are seeking to appoint a self-driven Electrical Engineer to join our Maritime Sustainment business to make an impact on a project with meaningful and national significance. This key role will report to the Engineering Team Lead, be based at our Williamstown office and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will:
• Undertake the design and development of electrical systems and equipment including the implementation of electrical systems and equipment, interconnection and integration, installation and management of the system
• Undertake electrical system and equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
• Develop simple electrical system and equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in architectural design reviews
• Undertake functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate electrical system and equipment solutions
• Develop optimised electrical system and equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
• Undertake the translation of the electrical system and equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate required changes
• Complete the integration and validation of the electrical system and equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
• Support electrical systems and equipment qualification activities, ensuring that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
• Support the assembly, integration, test and shipping of the electrical system and equipment including its configuration management.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
• Relevant experience within the electrical engineering discipline
• Tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
• Experience in a variety of technologies, design analysis techniques and development tools such as power generation and distribution, Maritime electrical design practices, control and monitoring systems and electrical industry standards
• Self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks Whilst not essential, electrical engineering experience within the Maritime or Defence industry will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, HR Advisor –Recruitment & Resourcing. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.