Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Experienced Logistics Engineer required for DDG sustainment program
• Lead the design and development of logistics solutions
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Engineering Assurance Manager you will be accountable for leading the design and development of logistics solutions and managing the specialty logistics team. You will oversee the efficient delivery of configuration items or packages of analysis work by
ensuring compliance with both contractual and company requirements.
You will make your mark by:
• Developing systems and procedures to ensure that project requirements and supply activities are fully captured, managed, analysed and understood
• Managing logistician activities to ensure that all parties, including subcontractors, understand their responsibilities, operational processes and timeframes involved in the delivering of logistics services
• Leading the development of enterprise speciality logistic solutions against the defined requirements, including the optimisation and review of these solutions in design reviews
• Leading the development and implementation of systems and processes which govern the enterprise technical data management, Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) usage upkeep cycles, obsolescence studies and maintenance planning
• Working with planners to develop and manage activity cost, schedule, resource allocation and deployment of team members
• Overseeing the management and reporting of the work programs including risk
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in a speciality logistics discipline or engineering background supported by a relevant logistics related tertiary qualification
• Experience in a defence related technical industry
• The ability to use and apply theoretical knowledge and historical data to current situations to understand problems, identify solutions and improve efficiencies
• Proficiency in a number of systems/programs including: Relex Reliability Tool, OPUS
10 Spares Model and OMEGA PS
• Complex problem solving abilities
• Proven success in building strong relationships with customers and sub-contractors
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the abilities to coach and mentor
• A strong continuous improvement focus
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: