Working at BAE Systems Australia is a quick way to grow my career; different experiences, a variety of challenges and the chance to put my skills to the test.
However, the main reason it works for me is the lifestyle. It's friendly, flexible, accommodating and focused on my personal growth.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Permanent and full time Project Accountant position
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia’s Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia. Reporting to the Finance Manager, we are seeking to appoint a dedicated Project Accountant to join our Maritime Sustainment business. This key position will be based at our Williamstown site and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Project Accountant, you will:
- Support the business in maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial data and providing financial advice to facilitate planning and decision making.
- Prepare and present monthly results, business unit and contract status reviews, cash flow projections and other relevant information as required
- Prepare and review variance reporting versus prior forecasts and budgets
- Provide detailed, accurate and relevant variance commentary at program and project levels
- Assist with the preparation of the Integrated Business Plan
- Prepare project sales and margin trading plans
- Maintain project risks and opportunities that support the program to achieve its financial targets
- Provide details of monthly incurred costs, advise on the suitability of claims profiles based on costs incurred and projected spends, and support incurred cost audits
- Manage the accruals process and prepare journals for project accruals and adjustments
- Oversee Foreign Exposure (FX) management to maximise the effectiveness of natural hedging
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as accounting standards and legislations
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree qualification in finance or a related discipline and solid accounting experience in a project environment
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated self-management skills and the ability to work under own initiative
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standard and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
Whilst not essential, experience with the Oracle ERP system or exposure to Hyperion combined with an accreditation as a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Practising Accountant will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, HR Advisor – Recruitment & Resourcing. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.