Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
- Use your superior networking skills on this iconic defence project
- Some out of hours work and domestic travel involved
- Based at DSTG, Edinburgh Parks, SA
As a result of new opportunities, we are seeking a Network Engineer to work on the Over The Horizon Radar (OTHR) support contract.
Within a cohesive team environment and under limited supervision, as the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for providing engineering development and support of computer communications equipment for computing systems. This will include designing computer networking architectures, programming network equipment, network fault finding and the preparation of engineering documentation.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
Perform peer reviews for OTHR Network related design artefacts
- Participate in technical discussions on OTHR Network design and architecture for sustainment and projects
- Liaise between project teams, internal customers and stakeholders
- Develop and implement network changes, including creating or updating engineering documentation, drawings and associated artefacts as required/directed
- Comply with the engineering processes and procedures imposed by the relevant management plans
- Participate in discussions on technical investigations, engineering plans, process improvements, network guidelines and network roadmaps
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve network outages/issues as required
As the ideal applicant you will have:
Experience with the provision of flexible network architectures and development service within a team environment
- Relevant degree qualifications in either engineering or computer science coupled with a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification
- The ability to travel periodically to the OTHR receiver and transmitter facilities for periods of up to two weeks
- The flexibility to provide systems support (including some out of hours support)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html