Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
Technical Resources Sourcing Manager
• Technical Resources Sourcing Manager required for DDG sustainment program
• Develop and manage the technical support network across the Enterprise
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
As the Technical Support Network (TSN) Manager, you will develop and manage the technical support network within the DDG Enterprise. This network will provide access to centres of excellence outside the Enterprise, supplementing the existing internal support capabilities.
Keys to your success will be the abilities develop, structure and maintain commercial
relationships, ensuring timely access to Technical Support Agencies.
You will make your mark by:
• Developing and managing sound business relationships with a range of technical product and service providers including other Authorised Engineering Organisations, the Commonwealth, Original Equipment Manufacturers, classification societies and logistics supply agencies
• Managing the development of formal arrangements with technical support agencies
• Establishing and maintaining the technical support network register to manage the acceptance and currency of technical support agencies in the Technical Support Network
• Ensuring that technical support network members and the products and services they provide meet the applicable technical and regulatory requirements ( this includes periodic audits)
• Evaluating and tracking the competency of technical support network members to provide objective quality evidence to ensure individuals are suitably trained and have the necessary experience to undertake their role.
• Conducting technical assessments of suppliers to ensure assessment against value for money and risk
• Ensuring that product technical integrity is maintained and that a high level of engineering performance is achieved
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in a supply chain logistics or corporate relationships management position, ideally within the defence industry
• An engineering background supported by a relevant logistics related tertiary qualification
• Experience working with maritime product or services
• Proven success in building strong relationships with customers and suppliers
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
• Previous experience in a quality assurance or audit function
• The ability to review a system or process to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• The ability to identify and align end-user requirements with the delivery capabilities of suppliers
• A strong continuous improvement focus
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html