Maintenance Planner | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2018|
- Join the leading Defence industry organisation
- An exciting opportunity for career growth and progression
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. The Maritime Support Services business provides comprehensive through-life-support services for naval and marine ships and systems with sites in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
As a Maintenance Planner within the Maritime Sustainment team, you will work on the Transition Into Service Support Contract (TISSC) for the Royal Australian Navy, Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Vessels. You will ensure all system based maintenance plans are up to date, aligned with the Asset Management Planning System and the platform usage upkeep cycles.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Actively participating in the rolling planning process
- Assisting in developing a culture of ‘Schedule is Key, Safety before Schedule
- Creating system maintenance plans and ensure accuracy of all data entry
- Monitoring the completion of scheduled tasks ensuring maintenance plans are updated to reflect task completion or deferral
- Providing system maintenance plans for the scheduler to build into the fully integrated maintenance schedule
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally gained within a shipbuilding environment
- Defence experience would be highly regarded
- Qualifications ideally in Engineering or Project Management
- An understanding of the maintenance planning process and development requirements
- Highly proficient in MS Project scheduling tool and MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills to be able to foster effective relationships with key stakeholders including customers, senior management and peers
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html