Reliability Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2018|
- Analyse, investigate and interpret data and trends for the DDG
- Supportive, consultative and people focused approach, essential
- Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Reporting to the Asset Performance Manager, The Reliability Engineer is responsible for investigating and analysing data and trends on equipment and systems fitted to warship platforms, and for providing recommendations that assist in ensuring the effective operation of the equipment and systems until the Life of Type is reached. You will be the focal point for all Reliability analyses and reporting tasks and will have a pivotal role contributing to the long term optimisation of cost, performance and risk outcomes for the Guided Missile Destroyers class ship and shore systems, where you will be part of a collaborative and dynamic team.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Leading and performing Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) modelling and calculations for equipment and systems as required
- Supporting strategy development, modelling and performance evaluation
- Supporting the performance and/or review of relevant Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) activities including:
- Failure Modes Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA)
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
- Level of repair Analysis (LORA)
- Responsible for conducting investigations and analysis of data collected to for an impression of equipment/systems history and current condition
- Responsible for performing risk assessments on the equipment/system being investigated
- Drawing conclusions and proposing recommendations to improve equipment/system reliability and supportability based on analysis and available evidence
- Completing and delivering reporting documentation on time, to an agreed schedule
- Making decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Interfacing with Regulators to ensure that the reliability of all DDG products meet the needs of the Navy Technical Regulatory System (NTRS)
- Supplier and Contractor interaction and management of reliability related activities
- Providing support for the management of the transition into operation, maintenance and operation of the fleet of DDG vessels under the DDG TSP MC contract
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience in Systems Engineering, with emphasis on Reliability Engineering experience including a relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in the use of probability and statistical methodologies and tools to analyse asset lifecycle, conduct hypothesis testing, understand appropriate statistical models, tolerance and confidence intervals, sample size determination, and regression analysis
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the abilities to coach and mentor
- A strong continuous improvement focus
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html