Network Administrator | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Jan-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Install, configure and maintain networking infrastructure
- Based in Canberra, ACT
The Network Administrator will operate as part of a project and support team and will be responsible for assisting in the installation, configuration, operation, and day to day management of networking infrastructure to provide efficient operation and continuous availability of Local Area Networks (LAN). The role will include design and implementation of changes as required to meet new operational needs and to address obsolescence issues that are identified.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Supporting maintenance and change control of the system, including:
- Core Switching (Cisco ACI)
- Edge Switching
- Network Appliances
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Monitoring SIEM for network related alerts
- Contributing to maintenance of system security accreditation
- Patching and Updating Management
- Supporting the development of Engineering Change Proposals for design changes to the system
- Providing advice to the Change Control Board for proposed changes
- Proactively identifying and analysing system obsolescence
- Maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity strategies and systems in place to protect the ongoing availability of the network systems
- Undertaking out-of-standard-hours activity from time to time for high priority incidents
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience in network troubleshooting including switching, routing, firewalls, VPN and Network Security
- Tertiary Qualifications in Information Technology or Engineering
- Vendor Certification, an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must hold Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html