ICT Network Specialist | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Dec-2017|
- A rare opportunity to join our team
- Customer focused military aircraft in-service support environment
- Part-time role in Williamtown, New South Wales
Our Training and Air Combat Support team based in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales are seeking applications for a challenging and diverse ICT Network Specialist role, set within an innovative and inclusive culture.
Information and Communication Technologies - Network Specialists are responsible for assisting in aspects of design, implementation and day to day management for the efficient operation, and continuous reliability of the unrestricted (and possibly restricted) Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) environments. This role is part of dedicated engineering product teams, and will undertake ICT Network Design and Administration tasks of the Windows Server Computing platforms; for effective governance, system security and functional requirements.
Reporting to the Integrated Avionics Systems Support Facility (IASSF) Project Manager, the ICT Network Specialist, will work with other members of the Engineering and ICT Teams to contribute to a variety of new capability engineering projects that are supported in the Williamtown precinct.
Working within a highly cohesive team, you will:
- Perform design and implementation activities of ICT infrastructure. This includes new/rebuilding existing servers and configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage
- Ensure the ICT infrastructure is maintained and meets performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project
- Assist in upgrades, testing and patches of operating systems and software by liaison with customers, vendors and internal IM&T services
- Provide first and second level technical support for the projects computing environment, including problem determination, support and resolution. This also includes contribution to the engineering “Help Desk”
- Work effectively as part of the engineering team, deliver project artefacts and participate in product peer reviews, in accordance with the project standards
- Other ICT activities, as directed by the supervisor
- Deliver project artefacts and participate in peer reviews
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure (e.g.: metrics and process updates)
To secure this opportunity to join our growing Aerospace business you will possess a genuine passion and an eye for detail, along with:
- Substantial experience in an IT customer service/technical role with demonstrated ability to support relevant computing systems, along with an ICT qualification
- Experience with CISCO and HP network devices
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop and Server environment (Server, Active Directory, File /Print, etc)
- Sound communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Sally Porter, Recruitment Specialist, and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application and a cover letter detailing your position of interest.
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html