DRAFTING TEAM LEAD | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Attachments:|| Chief Draftsperson_PD294_09_G7.pdf (PDF, 239KB)
NDO_CHIEF_Draftsperson_Duty Statement.doc (Word, 191KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Dec-2017|
* Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
* Permanent and full time Drafting leadership position
* Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia. The Drafting Team Lead will report to the National Drafting Office Manager, based at our Williamstown, Victoria location, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. Are you up for the challenge?
As the Drafting Team Lead, you will:
* Drive the output of the Drawing team and manage team performance
* Assist with interactions with key stakeholders and lead the responses for support requests
* Manage the drafting team including training, development and performance management to ensure skills and actions of the team are in line with the Drafting Office requirements
* Provide input and lead the evaluation/quotation for incoming tasks/projects
* Manage tasks within the drawing office including the teams budget and schedule performance against agreed commitments and prepare status reports and estimated completion schedules
* Understand the requirements for each task/project and ensure inputs/outputs, risks, skills/expertise are defined
* Ensure output prepared by team meets agreed drafting quality requirements and customer requirements
* Assist in identifying, managing and escalating scope change within tasks and emergent risks/issues
* Assist in standardising drafting activities across the business
* Actively challenge current work standards and assist in the development of process documents/plans and lead the implementation of improvements
As an ideal applicant you will have:
* Extensive drafting, technical and leadership experience
* Resiliency with the ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
* Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
* Self-motivation and the drive to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, knowledge/understanding of Engineering or Project Management will be highly regarded.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html