Accountant IMT | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Dec-2017|
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced management accountant to join our head office IT team
- Take ownership as an integral part of the team
- Located in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced Management Accountant.
As the Management Accountant within our head office IT function, you will be responsible for providing financial support and advice to support the operations of that group. You will also be responsible for meeting internal and external reporting requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports and variance analysis
- Provide support in the consolidation and the preparation of the annual integrated business plan and budgets
- Provide financial advice and follow up financial queries raised by the function
- Review and challenge the appropriateness of forecasts/spend to date with budget holders and challenge the submitted plans to ensure they align with the company strategy
- Ensure correct accounting for capital assets, depreciation and amortisation
- Prepare labour reconciliations, financials for hardware/software schedules and general ledger reconciliations
- Provide data for direct recharge allocations and assist in the completion of recharge analysis and line of business queries
- Be responsible for providing input and offering recommendations for the improvement of company processed and standard procedures
- Comply with all relevant controls as specified in the policies and procedures
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a management accounting or public practice environment
- A degree and be CPA/CA qualified
- The ability to critically analyse, interpret and question the financial results
- Experience with the Oracle, Hyperion and Microsoft Office suites
- The ability to take ownership of tasks and to work as an integral part of a team
- A high level of interpersonal communication, both written and oral
- A high level of personal integrity, initiative and self-motivation
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.