Safety Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2017|
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology.
Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. Whilst opportunities are broad across a variety of domains, we're keen to receive applications from individuals for opportunities within our HF Radar projects.
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to express your interest in joining BAE Systems Australia as a Safety Engineer.
As a Safety Engineer working across 2 diverse projects, you will establish and maintain the product safety aspects of the Safety Management System in accordance with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting safety assessments
- Providing SFAIRP (So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable) advice and guidance
- Contributing to the design and deployment of radar and satellite systems
- Identifying hazards and developing hazard logs
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Previous direct safety based engineering experience within the Defence sector
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), or similar analysis tools
- A degree in engineering or related scientific field and relevant safety qualifications
- The ability to contribute to and work in a cross-functional team while ensuring specificresponsibilities are achieved
- Experience in undertaking a safety engineering program based on MIL-STD-882 and ABR6303 standards
- The ability to carry out safety audits of existing projects
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and across teams
Whilst not essential, previous experience on HF radar or satellite ground station related projects will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html