Procurement Manager IS | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2017|
- Manage supplier engagement and a highly motivated team
- Take the next step in your procurement career
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join our team.
As the Procurement Manager of our Integrated Systems business, you will be accountable for the delivery of procurement services across the line of business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy required to meet the needs of the line of business
- Ensure the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements for the projects within the lines of business through effective relationship and performance management, maximising value and minimising risk
- Act as a member on both the Commercial & Procurement Lead Team and line of business management team, contributing to strategic planning, developing and implementing procurement strategy
- Provide leadership and development to the procurement team members to deliver the required levels of performance to the business and customers
- Distribute workload across the line of business ensuring optimal resourcing is achieved to manage workload ensuring any resource gaps are managed
- Facilitate effective stakeholder relationships across the line of business to ensure procurement needs and service levels are being achieved
- Act as point of contact for issue escalation and resolution relating to procurement activities
- Support the development, and lead the implementation of good practice procurement process and procedures
- Manage the procurement element of bids and tenders as required ensuring robust definition of requirements and terms
- Develop, manage and assess procurement plans in support of the life cycle management process
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant experience in procurement within an engineering/defence organisation
- Familiarity and experience in the development and negotiation of contracts
- A proven track record in procurement at a senior level
- A degree qualification in an engineering or commercial discipline
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional influencing skills coupled with outstanding relationship management ability
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html