Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Nov-2018|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
Due to growth, we are currently looking for an accomplished Commercial Officer to join our team working with the Commercial Manager. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage relationships with internal/external customers and cross/functional requirements
- Manage customer contracts through effective contract administration, preparation of correspondence, and implementation of contract requirements
- Implement commercial policies and practices including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that requirements for performance, schedule, deliverables, cost and quality are achieved
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract requirements
- Ensure that emerging risks are identified, costed, monitored and managed appropriately
- Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Plan and prepare documentation required for internal Bid Approval Reviews
- Support the commercial aspects of all internal project Phase Reviews and Contract Status Reviews
- Generate project specific reports as required by the program
- Support adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management
- Assist in the resolution of contractual issues and disputes with the customer
- Set in place licences and agreements in accordance with company policies and procedures
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Commercial or Defence contract management experience including managing correspondence, contract changes and survey & quote processes
- Experience with tendering processes and requirements
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and productive engagement abilities with internal/external stakeholders including senior business managers
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html