Senior Electronics Engineer | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:|| senior electronics engineer_PD.pdf (PDF, 94KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Mar-2018|
- Defence industry leader
- Meaningful work of national significance
- North Ryde, NSW
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An opportunity has arisen in this diverse business for an experienced Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer who is ready to take on a new challenge. This critical role will support the Australian Military Airspace Communications and Control System (AMACCS) project and will be based at North Ryde.
As the Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer, you will:
- Derive the electronic/electrical systems and equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop the electronic/electrical system and equipment architectures, optimised against key performance and environmental factors, including conducting reviews of hardware architectures
- Provide supervision and mentor other engineers within the team
- Undertake functional analysis and detailed design analysis of the electronic/electrical systems and equipment and develop detailed designs
- Undertake the engineering management of the electronic/electrical systems and equipment manufactured from the hardware implementation
- Review the integration and validation plans and reports and complete the integration and validation of the electronic/electrical systems and equipment designs
- Complete the electronic/electrical systems product assembly, integration, test and shipping including the product change management and quality control processes
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive electrical, electronic or hardware engineering experience
- Tertiary level engineering degree
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and leadership skills
- Strong customer management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Whilst not essential, working knowledge of mechanical engineering or radio frequency engineering will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html