Manager Operational Support | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2018|
• Join Australia's Defence industry leader
• Flexible, diverse and inclusive culture
• Career opportunity based in Newcastle, New South Wales
Our Aerospace team based in Williamtown (Newcastle), have an exciting opportunity, and are seeking applications from experienced Managers - Operational Support, in search of a rare and diverse role, set within an innovative and inclusive culture.
Reporting to the Manager - Project Management Office (PMO) Aerospace, you will be responsible for ensuring the project management standards are applied, operational workforce planning is supported, provide appropriate guidance, support, coaching, and deliver internal project management training, to the Aerospace project managers.
The purpose of this role is to support the application of project management within Aerospace and provide greater operational support to the foundational project managers to develop capability, and improve the engagement with the project management community. In this position, you will support the PMO Managers to provide project assurance, providing project planning guidance and reviews for small to medium projects (nominally up to A$50M), and have the responsibility of providing approval recommendations for larger projects.
You will also support operational workforce planning, through maintenance of the Aerospace project management resource profile; engagement in functional resource meetings; and support to project management capability assessments and selections.
Your proven leadership experience and sound project management acumen will see you:
• Support the continuous improvement of project delivery and bids by providing support, coaching, review and assistance for small to medium projects or discrete domains
• Be the operational interface and engage with the non-executive project managers
• Support the development of project management personnel, through delivery of internal training, coaching, and mentoring
• Maintain the project management resource profile within Aerospace and support operational resourcing as the PM representative at functional resourcing meetings
• Manage the development, and the deployment of discrete elements of the PM framework
• Collaborate with business units and other functions, in definition of project assurance requirements, and the implementation of audit and other recommended improvements
• Provide leadership for project management initiatives, as well as being a role model of professional behaviour
• Support special assignments, as requested by the Head of Project Management, or PMO Manager
To secure this rare opportunity that will enable you to hone your specialist skill set and leverage your career to the next level, you will need:
• A relevant degree qualification (Project Management, Business, Commercial, or Engineering), and substantial relevant experience in Project Management within an engineering organisation, managing major sustainment projects – is desirable, along with the capability of achieving registered Project Management status with AIPM
• Proven ability to manage project management professionals and motivate individuals to shape and implement business requirements
• The ability to act as a champion for change within the organization and continuously improve standards of excellent
• Exemplary communication skills, with experience using these skills at senior level within the organization
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills, with a high level of self-motivation
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html