Senior Technical Officer - Electrical | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Dec-2017|
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
BAE Systems involvement in the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) includes asset management, platform engineering and integration support, and major refit and upgrade implementation across the ANZAC Class fleet.
Reporting to the Platform Integrated Systems Support Lead, the Senior Technical Officer – Electrical is responsible for providing subject matter expert technical advice and services for platform systems and equipment on the ANZAC Class Frigates.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as a technical advisor, within engineering delegation, on Platform Systems and control and monitor system issues
- Conduct in-service engineering functions in accordance with Navy Framework requirements, including but not limited to:
- Class 2 Engineering Change
- AD514-1 Navy Change Directive
- P1 URDEF Engineering Investigations
- Problem Identification Report (PIR) Investigations
- Provide assistance to Project Engineers for Class 1 Engineering Change
- Identify and manage supportability issues from an asset management perspective, with the aim to optimise cost, increasing reliability and availability, and reducing technical risk
- Provide assistance, technical advice and helpdesk support to all stakeholders on matters affecting Electrical Systems; this advice may extend to other systems as required
- Raise technical documents in support of maintenance and repair of electrical, control and monitoring systems
- Provide assistance and training to peers as required to ensure correct procedures are followed and desired outcomes are reached
- Act as initial point of contact to assist in diagnosis and rectification of Platform Systems (Electrical) defects
- Be an active member of an Integrated Project Team and contribute in meetings as required
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Electrical discipline
- Current Construction Industry White/Blue Card
- Significant experience working in Naval ship maintenance and operations
- Subject matter expert knowledge in systems engineering and configuration management
- A strong focus on teamwork and working as part of an Alliance organisation
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel and Project
- A self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and deliver against stakeholder requirements
- Willing to travel to other sites within WA and interstate on an ad hoc basis as required
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, therefore you must be an Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please submit your application to Sinead Monaghan – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 15th December 2017. Please ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.