Senior Safety Advisor | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2017|
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Senior SHE Advisor is responsible for the coordination, maintenance and assurance of SHE systems and processes for the Hydrographic In-Service Support (HISS) Project.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide SHE advice and lead the development and deployment in relation to SHE processes, business rules, legislation and standards
- Engage with the Principal Contractor in the development and maintenance of the HISS Safety Management System, and act as the lead for communication throughout the team and sub-contractors capability
- Monitor and analyse SHE incident trend data and provide recommendations and actions to counter trend
- Development of External Maintenance Period Safety plans and act as the Point of Contact for all SHE related matters during maintenance operations, e.g. High Risk activities, Isolations, Permits, Hazardous substances, and personnel wellbeing
- Coordinate, participate and conduct SHE certifications, surveillance audits and supplier/contractor assessments
- Maintain the SHE governance audit and inspection schedule including facility/regional key activity compliance, as well as the annual SHE improvement and compliance plan
- Monitor legislative changes and compliance as provided by corporate SHE and notify relevant stakeholders accordingly
- Participate in client inspections and develop schedules for contractor assurance audits
- Develop, support and deliver relevant SHE training and inductions, as well as provide ongoing support and coaching of SHE requirements
- Identify, drive and implement system improvement opportunities
- Assist personnel in identifying SHE hazards and risks for inclusion in SHE risk registers
- Coordinate required energy and other environmental and sustainability legislative reporting
- Support and oversee incident investigations as required
- Lead the HISS team in continuous development of its safety culture
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace Health Safety and/or ICAM (highly desirable)
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Resources or Defence industry
- Demonstrated experience in system development, implementation and reporting outcomes
- Knowledge of Australian Standards AS4801/OHSAS18001
- Confident written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coach, negotiate and influence various stakeholders
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Self-starter with a desire to work in an autonomous role
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, therefore you must be an Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Submit your application to Sinead Monaghan – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Wednesday 13th December 2017. Please ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.