Communications and Events Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Dec-2017|
- Join an innovative communications team with a positive and collaborative working culture
- Opportunity to make an impact through thought leadership
- Located in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We're expanding our team and keenly seeking an experienced Communications and Events Manager.
In this key role, you will be responsible for the development and management of all major events and exhibitions in Australia on behalf of BAE Systems Australia. This unique opportunity will see you exercising both your leadership and hands-on event management expertise.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Execute strategic events, in accordance with the communications strategy and messaging
- Identify relevant events that augment and enhance the brand both internally and externally
- Develop and maintain the event and communications calendar supporting corporate, business campaigns, internal communications, thought leadership and community investment event initiatives
- Lead event communications development (theme, messaging and strategy)
- Produce and manage the overarching event plan
- Coordinate business development and communications functions
- Manage exhibition stands and any associated structures
- Coordinate all event technical and logistic requirements
- Manage event based budgets
- Develop and adhere to safety plans for events
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Head of Communications
- Represent and support design and creative requirements, ensuring consistent, cost effective and impactful execution of the BAE Systems brand across Australia
- Appoint external design and creative agencies to effectively support business requirements
- Develop and maintain a repository for current brand collateral
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Proven experience in senior marketing communications, events and/or external communication roles with particular expertise in event management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategic communications plans
- An understanding and demonstrated experience in managing corporate brand guidelines and suppliers to deliver against creative design briefs
- An established breadth of experience across all communications functional areas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An exceptional stakeholder management focus
- The ability to travel domestically as required
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.