Communications Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Mar-2018|
- Join an innovative communications team with a positive and collaborative working culture
- Opportunity to make an impact
- Located in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems Australia, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We're expanding our team and keenly seeking an experienced Communications Manager to ensure we achieve maximum impact from our events and other marketing activities.
In this key role, you will be responsible for developing and driving effective communications management of all major events and exhibitions in Australia on behalf of BAE Systems Australia as well as from other activities the Company undertakes. This unique opportunity will see you exercising both your leadership and hands-on event management expertise.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and execute communications strategies for strategic events, in accordance with the communications strategy and messaging
- Identify relevant activities and events that augment and enhance the brand both internally and externally
- Develop and maintain the event and communications calendar supporting corporate, business campaigns, internal communications, thought leadership and community investment event initiatives
- Lead event communications development (theme, messaging and strategy)
- Produce and manage the overarching event plan
- Coordinate business development and communications functions
- Manage exhibition stands and any associated structures
- Coordinate all event technical and logistic requirements
- Manage event based budgets
- Provide strategic advice and support to the broader communications team and other business units
- Represent and support design and creative requirements, ensuring consistent, cost effective and impactful execution of the BAE Systems' brand across Australia
- Appoint external design and creative agencies to effectively support business requirements
- Develop and maintain a repository for current brand collateral
- Support the team on broader communications activities as directed
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Proven experience in senior marketing communications and/or external communication roles
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategic communications plans
- An understanding and demonstrated experience in managing corporate brand guidelines and suppliers to deliver against creative design briefs
- A background or experience in managing or overseeing major events would be beneficial
- An established breadth of experience across all communications functional areas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An exceptional stakeholder management focus
- The ability to travel domestically as required
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.