Senior HR Advisor | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Dec-2017|
- Join a dedicated and high performing team
- Flexible, diverse and inclusive culture
- 12 month fixed term career opportunity based in Newcastle, New South Wales
Our Regional NSW HR team, based in Williamtown (Newcastle), are seeking applications from experienced Senior Human Resource Advisors in search of a challenging and diverse fixed-term role, set within an innovative and performance driven culture.
Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Newcastle is situated on the door step of the stunning Hunter Valley wine country, beautiful Port Stephens and the expansive Lake Macquarie. Newcastle offers a robust industrial economy with a diverse mix of agriculture, arts and natural attractions. With all the benefits of a large city but with the friendliness of a relaxed regional town you will achieve a true work/life balance.
Reporting to the Human Resources (HR) Manager, you will work as part of the Human Resources team and be responsible for working alongside line managers to manage operational HR issues and solutions, and effectively embed cyclical HR processes and tools. You will also be responsible for project managing HR improvement initiatives and will be required to be a key member of the HR team, to ensure HR frameworks, initiatives and strategies align with the business requirements.
You will be given the autonomy and breadth to drive excellence through the team by setting high standards, leading by example and creating a positive climate and culture.
You will also:
- Provide appropriate advice and consultation to line managers on all operational HR issues, to help optimise performance, understand and diagnose issues, develop solutions, and influence change
- Provide general advice and support to employees on HR questions/policy interpretation
- Manage IR/ER issues effectively to mitigate risk
- Facilitate the implementation of cyclical HR activities, ie: Performance Development Review, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Annual Salary Review, and support line managers on the relevant processes, tools, and approaches
- Complete HR reporting and provide data and analysis of metrics, as required
To secure this opportunity to join our growing Aerospace business you will possess a genuine passion and experience in providing human resource solutions, principles and practices, within an engineering and trades/labour environment - along with:
- A relevant tertiary (degree/diploma) qualification, along with extensive generalist experience, which includes involvement in: Employee Relations, Organisational Development, Remuneration & Benefits, and implementation of annual people initiatives, eg: performance reviews
- Demonstrated experience managing and co-ordinating HR projects, investigating, problem-solving and influencing change
- An ability to apply your knowledge to: improve talent management; enable employee engagement and inclusion; improve organisational effectiveness; performance management and remuneration and benefits processes and tools; improve HR solutions and services; and improve human resource planning
- Well-developed customer service skills and a pro-active active approach to tasks and problem resolution
- Demonstrated experience in improving resourcing or workforce planning – would be advantageous
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist, and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application and a cover letter detailing your position of interest.
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html