Senior Tax Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Dec-2017|
- Use your superior Taxation knowledge in this unique executive role
- Part time opportunity – (0.6 FTE)
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Senior Tax Manager.
As the Senior Tax Manager you will be responsible for managing the Australian taxation affairs of the BAE Systems Group in accordance with the group tax policy set by BAE Systems PLC.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be the key point of contact for external taxation consultants/advisors/auditors and the Australian Tax Office on all taxation matters
- Lead and manage the local Australian tax team and act as the key point of contact for the UK group tax team
- Have regular interactions with the Australian Board of Directors on taxation matters and discussions with non-tax personnel from the wider Australian business
- Have overall responsibility for all Australian taxation matters including income tax, goods and services tax, research and development tax credits, employment taxes, international tax matters and ensuring a strong tax governance framework
- Provide taxation training and awareness sessions to the wider Australian business
- Work alongside the financial reporting team to ensure tax affairs are accurately reflected in all management and statutory reporting
- Ensure all taxation returns are completed accurately and lodged with the taxation authorities within required timeframes and that Australian taxation policies and procedures are up to date
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A CPA or CA qualification
- Demonstrated experience in a large accounting firm
- A strong grasp of taxation, financial and commercial principles
- Up-to-date knowledge of taxation laws and administrative principles
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss tax matters with non-tax personnel
- Excellent team focus with an ability to work closely with the wider BAE Systems team (Australia & UK)
- A strong problem solving ability to identify tax matters and work with relevant stakeholders to identify solutions
- An ability to research, analyse and prioritise diverse information and/or facts
- An ability to liaise with and provide meaningful information to management
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.