Commercial /Contracts Officer | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:|| Commercial Officer_PD16_09_G7.pdf (PDF, 225KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2017|
- Join a global defence organisation
- Unique career opportunity - join a fabulous team!
- Sydney, CBD location
BAE Systems Australia's Maritime Support Services business provides comprehensive through-life-support services for naval and marine ships and systems with sites in Sydney, Cairns, Melbourne and Perth.
An excellent opportunity exists for a Commercial /Contracts Officer to join our maritime sustainment business unit. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the management of commercial and contractual issues with activities including drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers, and providing support to the project team on export control and intellectual property matters.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to project managers on all commercial issues
- Assist with the administration of BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures, including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Support customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Setting in place licences and agreements in accordance with Import/Export requirements, including but not necessarily limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
- Provide support on subcontracts management
- Provide support and advice on issues related to intellectual property
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, law, commerce or similar
- Previous experience performing a commercial/contracts related role, ideally gained in defence or similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with engineers, technical officers and drafts people
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias: Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html