Administration Assistant - Maintenance Delivery | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:|| DUTY STATEMENT Maintenance Delivery Assistant.docx (Word, 34KB)
Project Administrator_PD954_G4.pdf (PDF, 88KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2018|
- Join a global company
- Utilise your superior administration skills to make a difference!
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
Passionate people work at BAE Systems Australia and the team contributes to something really big – the Defence of Australia. The Maritime Sustainment business provides comprehensive through-life-support services for naval and marine ships and systems with sites in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth
As the Maintenance Delivery Administration Assistant within the maritime sustainment business, you will play a pivotal role coordinating the delivery of the day to day support services at our Garden Island site. With the support of the Maintenance Delivery Manger, you will provide a professional and safe operating environment that supports the project team down on the waterfront.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide assistance in delivering induction briefs to new suppliers and first time visitors to the site, and produce photo passes and access cards as required
- Ensure suppliers and site visitors are escorted within the site as required
- Provide high level administrative support to the Maintenance Delivery Manager to assist with the safe and effective management of maintenance periods
- Support the collating, printing and scanning of Work Packages throughout the maintenance periods
- Ensure invoices are approved and passed to accounts in a timely manner, raise purchase requisitions and process invoices in accordance with company procedures
- Support contract change proposal documentation, contract amendments, deliverables/receipts
- Co-ordinate meetings and appointments for managers and take minutes, record actions from meetings and maintain meeting agendas as required
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive administration experience coupled with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to work effectively across all levels of the business
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively
- Drive and initiative to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias – Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.