Senior Technical Officer (Electronics ) | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2018|
- Opportunity for a Senior Technical Officer to join our Integrated Systems team
- Deep Level Diagnostics of Aeronautical Navigational and Communication systems
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
We're looking forward to appointing a Senior Technical Officer to our team on a permanent full time basis at Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
In this key role you will be required to perform diagnostic investigation, repair as well as overhaul and maintenance activities on a wide range of complex electronic and electro-mechanical equipment within the service centre.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Conduct deeper maintenance to component level
- Conduct testing activities associated with various products and support contracts
- Conduct on the job training to Australian Defense Force personnel on operational use of project equipment and to BAE Systems Technical Officers to ensure sufficient technical expertise is available to support project equipment
- Produce, review and maintain technical publications and test procedures
- Communicate any issues that arise from maintenance activities directly to the Deeper Level Maintenance Manager
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors as required for the successful support and maintainability of various equipment
- Perform interstate travel as requested to support off site maintenance and to carry out field support services within contracted turnaround times
- Conduct field engineering and maintenance on customer equipment
- Conduct maintenance and engineering activities while working at heights
- Provide subject matter expert guidance in relation to engineering, maintenance and fitted equipment
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an electronics fault finding environment
- Demonstrated experience in a senior technical role, or ready to advance to a senior level
- An advanced diploma in electronic engineering or similar or relevant technical trade qualifications
Whilst not essential, a Certificate 2 in Information Technology and/or a Certificate 4 in Training is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html