Integrated Logistics Support Lead | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:|| Delivery Cell ILS Lead Duty Statement HR.15.02.TMP.doc (Word, 184KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Lead Integrated Logistics Support activity
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An opportunity has arisen for a self-driven Integrated Logistics Support specialist to perform an integral role within our Maritime Sustainment business. You will be accountable for leading the Integrated Logistics Support activity, comprising of: Logistics Engineering, Technical Publications, Training and Configuration Management, to support the engineering delivery cell.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Represent Integrated Logistics Support at all stages and design review in a task
- Ensure all facets of Integrated Logistics Support are considered through the engineering lifecycle as defined by the scope of work
- Influence design decisions to achieve Integrated Logistics Support requirements
- Actively pursue and deliver Engineering Services business improvement initiatives
- Act as an Integrated Logistics Support point of contact with the customers
- Support delivery of engineering estimates and strategies with the Engineering Cell Lead for defined scopes from the Tasking Programs
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Significant experience in a technical or logistics discipline, ideally gained in an defence or engineering background
- Tertiary qualified in an applicable field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand, communicate effectively with and influence colleagues within and outside the immediate team in order to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self - management skills and demonstrated ability to work independently to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Well-developed leadership skills to be able to drive and influence others when required and to lead by example
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply