Support Engineering Team Lead | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:|| Support Engineering -Speciality Logistics Leader_PD 781_G7 (2).pdf (PDF, 199KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Feb-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Engineering team leadership position
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An opportunity has arisen for a self-driven Engineering Team Lead to perform an integral role within our Maritime Sustainment business. You will be accountable for the design and development of logistics solutions and lead a specialty logistics team to deliver configuration item or packages of analysis work.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Derive speciality logistics requirements, define the speciality logistics test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop speciality logistic solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake detailed speciality logistics design analysis to identify the optimum solution
- Undertake the integration and validation of complex support designs and includes the review of integration and validation plans and reports
- Undertake the transition of the speciality logistic analysis to align with the support solution including the identification and establishment of support environments
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality analysis products
- Manage the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members and workload
- Provide clear leadership to a small team including coaching and mentoring of team members
- Ensure team size and capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Significant experience in a speciality logistics discipline, ideally gained in an engineering background or related industry
- Tertiary qualifications in an applicable speciality logistics field, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading teams of speciality logistics analysts with the ability to coach and develop individuals
- An ability to understand, communicate effectively with and influence colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team in order to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self- management skills with demonstrated ability to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- A strong understanding of the engineering development lifecycle
- Experience in the use of the following: PTC Windchill Quality Solutions Reliability Tool, OPUS 10 Spares Model, OMEGA PS (LSAR), Microsoft Products (Excel, Access Word)
- Experience in the use of Configuration and Change Management principles and tools
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html