System Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Feb-2018|
- Highly motivated Windows Systems Administrator needed to join a high functioning team
- Work in an Agile environment
- Based at DSTG, Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. We're keen to receive applications from engineering leaders for an exciting opportunity commencing in March within one of our HF Radar projects.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure these programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join BAE Systems Australia as a Systems Administrator. As the Systems Administrator you will be responsible for assisting in the installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of computing, messaging systems and infrastructure in project and/or support teams.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Hold an Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), or other Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications
- Demonstrated ability in the administration of relevant computer platforms and their associated enterprise environment. These include: Windows Server Management, MS Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, SAN Storage, Printing, Powershell Scripting and Windows File system
- A high level of interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environmen
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project or business
- Support and optimise relevant computing platforms and associated data sub systems for effective project governance and functional requirements
- Work with appropriate management tools for server computing platforms, data storage sub systems and enterprise messaging systems
- Contribute to the maintenance of accurate configuration control records of all systems
- Contribute to the continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures for all services
- Provide system administration of all windows computing platforms for effective governance and functional requirements
- Propose and recommend solutions for customer requirements, particularly as they apply to the Microsoft Windows Fleet
- Assist with ensuring the computing platform is fully documented and supportable
- Undertake incident and service request resolution for the services within the portfolio
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html