SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGER | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2018|
- Take your career to the next level
- Applications sought from highly skilled project management professionals
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of over 3,500 people among 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure these programs are led and delivered by the very best talent, applications are now invited from seasoned project management professionals. As an ideal applicant you will present with:
- Strong experience in successfully planning, executing and managing large scale complex software and systems integration projects while actively managing risk and opportunity
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills enabling successful delivery and collaboration across the project team and stakeholder community
- Analytical skills and ability to make informed and timely decisions in a data rich and agile environment
- Complex ASDEFCON experience
- A degree qualification ideally in project management, business, commercial or engineering
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Provide daily leadership of the project team to deliver project outcomes – both project deliverables and budgeted gross margin
- Manage all project stakeholder relationships to ensure that the relationships contribute positively to project success
- Oversee the software development life cycle whilst supporting the implementation of an agile software methodology and mapping those to contemporary project management practices
- Manage the daily activities of multiple software teams to ensure they're on track to meet project milestones and deliverables
- Ensure BAE Systems Australia's Earned Value Measurement System is competently applied which will include generating all required status reports and coordination of variance analysis and taking corrective action activities along with the maintenance of a contract master schedule, the contract work breakdown structure and all cost account plans
- Contribute to the overall leadership culture of the line of business by proactively supporting peers and by role modelling positive and collaborative behaviours
Experience working within integrated product teams will be highly regarded as will experience in the delivery of large scale complex acquisition programs.
Defence security clearance will be required for all roles on the program and as such, only Australian citizens who are eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance are invited to apply.
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html