Site Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Leadership opportunity focused in managing execution of work, design and day to day activities
- Based in Canberra, ACT
The Site Manager will coordinate the project operational processes and responses on behalf of the Project Manager, to ensure a unified whole of project commitment to achieve outputs within budget. In the absence of the Project Manager, the Site Manager holds delegation.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, friendly work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Managing day to day project operational activities
- Identifying of resource requirements as well as employees for potential leadership positions
- Capturing management activities within relevant discipline area
- Planning, managing and executing the delivery of relevant project outputs to the required
- Delivering a positive and productive industrial environment, through effective leadership
- Managing budgets and cost targets for projects, including meeting and monitoring budgets
- Providing reports on operational activities, including progress to plans, issues and ideas for improvement
- Coordinating work activities, facilitating meetings, and controlling activities of teams, ensure understanding of and use of work instructions, procedures, work steps and work orders
- Understanding quality requirements and delivery to meet or exceed quality requirements
- Implementing SH&E policies and procedures
Attributes and Experience:
- Significant experience in project management, stakeholder management and scheduling
- Degree qualification in Management, Project Management or similar
- Experience in the construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated self-direction to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must hold a Baseline Security Clearance
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html