NETWORK ENGINEERS | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2018|
- Use your superior networking skills on a leading defence project
- Multiple opportunities with an opportunity to grow a rewarding career
- Positions at DSTG, Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. We're keen to receive applications from engineers for opportunities commencing in March within our HF Radar projects.
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite applications to join BAE Systems Australia as a Network Engineer. As a Network Engineer you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, and day to day management of the projects networking infrastructure.
As an ideal applicant you will:
- Be experienced in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Have significant experience in network deployments and troubleshooting including switching, routing, firewalls, VPN and Network Security
- Hold tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or Engineering related degree and relevant vendor certifications
- Possess knowledge of product baseline documentation and change control processes along with associated governance
- Be willing to provide some out of hours support
- Have strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Manage design, implementation of changes and day to day management of LAN and WAN project specific network infrastructure
- Manage and maintain security and patching of all network switching, routers, firewalls and monitoring devices for the mission and support systems
- Install, configure and maintain hardware and software for the project
- Provide support for the various project networking tools
- Provide system administration of the support system and development environments
- Resolve assigned support incidents, including the analysis, design, implementation and test of solutions
- Proactively identify and analyse system obsolescence issues
- Communicate with Defence stakeholders to provide efficient support
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html