Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
- Seeking applications from Commercial Officers looking to join our team in a pivotal role
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australian location
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. Whilst opportunities are broad across a variety of domains, we're keen to receive applications from individuals for opportunities within our HF Radar projects and other new programs.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure these programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to join us in a Commercial Officer role. As the Commercial Officer you will provide superior commercial support to a high functioning project team.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial or contract management capacity, ideally in a defence or similar environment underpinned by a relevant qualification
- A high degree of commercial acumen
- Superior influencing and negotiation abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Support the Commercial Manager in the commercial management of the contracts with the Commonwealth, through effective commercial and correspondence administration, including milestones, claims, notices/letters and flow down of contract amendments
- Lead the commercial support to the program, ensuring that we deliver against contractual obligations
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, guidance to the supply chain team of flow down of contract amendments to subcontractors
- Identify emerging risks and ensure they are costed, monitored and managed appropriately
- Support the project team and ensure that the required performance in terms of schedule deliverables, cost and quality and requirements are met
- Liaise and engage with the customer and industry stakeholders
- Support the commercial aspects of project phase reviews
- Implement licenses and agreements in line with import/export requirements, including but not limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Australian Customs
- Provide mentoring and support to junior members of the team
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html