Electrical Engineer - Multiple positions | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:|| Hardware Engineer (Professional)_PD1011_G6.pdf (PDF, 264KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- An opportunity to work on interesting and exciting projects
- North Ryde, New South Wales location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Due to growth within the project, new and exciting opportunities have become available for experienced electrical engineers to join our North Ryde team. We have multiple opportunities within the MASTIS Terminal Upgrade project for the Royal Australian Navy ships and the Minehunter Coastal In-Service Support project.
As an electrical engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the project, combining your passion and electrical engineering experience to design and develop electrical systems and equipment.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Derive the electronic/electrical systems and equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop electronic/electrical detailed designs and solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Develop and execute system tests which will ensure that the system conform to its specifications
- Develop and maintain support system documents including work instructions and publications
- Undertake the integration and validation of the electronic/electrical system and equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Complete the electronic/electrical system and equipment product assembly, integration, test and shipping including the product change management and quality control processes
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Electrical, electronic or hardware engineering experience
- A tertiary level engineering degree
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- An ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the business
- Well-developed self - management skills and demonstrated ability to work independently to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: