System Architect | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY (IM&T)
EDINBURGH PARKS, SA OR WILLIAMSTOWN, VIC
REF NO: BAE/1316359
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The System Architect is responsible for the definition of the overall system architecture, including hardware and software, underpinning the solutions that deliver functional capability to the business.
- Define the systems and infrastructure to support the delivery of solutions being developed and deployed for and by BAE Systems Australia, to wherever they are required, including the integration with current systems and infrastructure
- Ensure that infrastructure is capable of supporting the delivery of existing services and that service development takes into account the target systems infrastructure and environmental constraints
- Provide technical direction and assurance for solution development, systems integration and infrastructure activities. Enabling alignment across the organisation, including the co-ordination of systems infrastructure design, in order to ensure convergence to a common scalable environment
- Help define systems development, integration and management policy
- Provide innovative input for the development of systems infrastructure, proving these through the creation of demonstrators and proof of concepts
- Establish best practice for systems infrastructure solution design, development, integration, deployment and management, including the use of relevant management tools
- Work with service providers to ensure best value for money and the pull through of provider capability in order to assist all of the above
- Strong experience in the Information Technology industry
- Strong experience in working with multiple hardware/software applications, vendors and developing/maintaining sound relationships
- Experience in systems architecture and Infrastructure scalability in a high-availability environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Degree in a relevant discipline (eg Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering) or relevant industry experience
- Must be eligible for Australian Security Clearance
Please apply to by close of business on Friday 3rd February 2018 on line at https://careersinternal.au.baesystems.com. Your application should include a resume and whilst not essential, a cover letter is preferred. Please do also advise your line manager of your intent to apply.
BAE Systems employees are also encouraged to refer others for this vacancy - refer to the Employee Referral Scheme (HR.11.PR) for further information, instructions and eligibility. Whilst referrals are encouraged for this vacancy, suitable internal applicants will always be given first preference and consideration.