ENGINEERING MANAGER X2 POSITIONS | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:|| Engineering Manager_PD 853_Grade 8_AUSF 3020_F_WW13.pdf (PDF, 95KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2018|
* Meaningful work of national significance with a large reputable company
* Permanent and full time engineering leadership positions
* North Ryde, New South Wales location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
At BAE Systems we believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. Opportunities have arisen for two driven Engineering Managers to perform integral roles and provide leadership on the MASTIS Terminal upgrade project for the Royal Australian Navy ships and the Civil Military Air Traffic System (CMATS) project. These challenging and rewarding positions will be based at our North Ryde, New South Wales location and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
* Deliver the engineering outputs of the project in line with quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Provide leadership to the engineering team and work closely with the Project Manager
* Coordinate, mentor and manage the estimation of engineering effort required for the technical solution to deliver project
* Drive the development of a customer aligned service delivery model
* Actively seek opportunities to influence partner, customer and internal stakeholders
* Responsibility for the engineering management delegation authorising all deliverables from the project engineering capability
* Provide subject matter experience in the engineering of enduring systems
* Formulate the technical approach to the work to be performed, assign and manage the resources to execute the engineering project
* Lead all of the project engineering manager aspects of the support solution development
* Monitor and report the progress of engineering tasks against the customer schedule
* Manage the project technical risk across all allocated engineering packages
As an ideal applicant you will have:
* A tertiary engineering qualification and extensive engineering experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
* The ability to lead and inspire teams – fostering a high performance culture, based on trust, accountability and respect
* The knowledge and familiarity with working under an engineering governance framework
* The ability to build strong and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Whilst not essential, extensive engineering leadership experience in the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html