PROJECT MANAGER | NSW-North Ryde
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2018|
- Defence industry leader with multiple sites around Australia
- Exciting opportunity to execute and deliver on long term projects
- North Ryde, NSW
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An opportunity has arisen for a seasoned and passionate Project Manager to join our North Ryde team and lead projects of national significance. You will play a critical role on the Maritime Australian Satellite Communication System project upgrade, on the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) ships.
In more specific terms you will:
- Lead the project team to successfully execute the contract and be accountable for all aspects of project deliverable compilation and review leading to successful project review activity
- Deliver assigned projects and ad hoc tasks, including the contract status review process and ensure project deliverable requirements are met including technical, cost and schedule goals
- Contribute to the development of the strategy and business plans
- Build and maintain key customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
- Develop schedules in Microsoft Project and/or OpenPlan and manage projects using Earned Value methodologies
- Manage the remote site activities for the project including staff management and oversee the Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E) at the sites
- Maintain and improve relationships with all suppliers, contractors and internal stakeholders
- Manage the capability development program for the team and contribute to capability development for the Program area
- Contribute to business development activities including preparation of minor bids and campaigns
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive project management skills and experience
- A relevant qualification
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
Whilst not essential, Project Management experience within the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos – Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.