ENGINEERING MANAGER | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:|| Engineering Manager_PD 853_Grade 8.pdf (PDF, 100KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2018|
- Join a global company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Engineering leadership position available on the Ship Air Defence Model (SADM) project
- Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air Defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapons Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects! We are at the cutting edge technologically and the projects we are working on are really interesting and unique. As the Engineering Manager, you will demonstrate your engineering expertise and provide leadership for the Ship Air Defence Model (SADM) project. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly team at our Richmond office on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Coordinate, mentor and undertake the general management of the engineering capability supporting all deliveries out of the SADM group. This includes the delivery of Concept Technology Demonstrator (CTD) works and various internal research and technology projects
- Plan, schedule and integrate engineering activities to align with dynamic customer priorities and manage the allocation of engineering resources
- Responsibility for the engineering management delegation authorising all deliverables from the SADM engineering capability
- Monitor and report the progress of engineering tasks against customer schedules
- Review and endorse the estimation of engineering effort required to complete various contracted scope of works
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the wider Weapons Systems business resource management activities through continued updates of resources profiles supporting the contracted project portfolio
- Support the SADM Project Manager in ensuring the outputs of all SADM projects align within the constraints of schedule, cost and quality. This includes direct responsibility for aspects of monthly reporting requirements to the Weapons Systems Lead Team
- Undertake the development and ongoing management of project technical risk across engineering packages including implemented mitigations
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- An Engineering Tertiary qualification and extensive engineering experience in which satisfies the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- A strong depth of engineering management knowledge and formal engineering experience
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation development processes and environments
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- Strong knowledge of overall systems engineering lifecycle management
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html