SENIOR MECHANICAL DRAFTSPERSON | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Attachments:|| Position Description.pdf (PDF, 189KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2018|
* Defence industry leader that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
* Permanent and full time Senior Draftsperson position on the Nulka Project
* Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air Defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapons Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects! We are at the cutting edge technologically and the projects we are working on are really interesting and unique. We are seeking to appoint a self-driven Senior Mechanical Draftsperson to support the Nulka Project and the Weapons Systems business. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly team at our Richmond office on a permanent and full time basis.
As a Senior Mechanical Draftsperson, you will:
* Complete drafting activities which reflect approved design changes in appropriate drawings and documents covering all client and customer requirements
* Produce technical drafting documentation including engineering change, deviation and waivers, engineering drawings and technical reports in accordance with appropriate standards
* Investigate customer requirements and communicate effectively to team ensuring delivery of products which meet customer requirements
* Provide support to other project teams with regards to technical drafting aspects
* Act as a point of technical excellence with the identification and investigation of problems, and provide guidance on the formulation of appropriate strategies to apply the best solution
* Regularly assess project task status against agreed timescales and report performance
* Manage own elements of engineering work package including work planning and breakdown, estimating and schedules
* Liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers
* Actively challenge current work standards and develop process documents/plans for consideration for process improvements
As an ideal applicant you will have:
* Extensive mechanical design drafting experience
* Knowledge of drafting standards combined with demonstrated experience working on AutoCAD software system engineering packages and other platforms
* Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and strong communication skills – written and verbal
* Well organised, self-starter and the ability to work to deadlines
Whilst not essential, experience utilising Creo software and knowledge of electronics will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html