MAINTENANCE SUPPORT TECHNICAL OFFICER | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:|| Maintenance Support Technical Officer.docx (Word, 192KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2018|
* Meaningful work of national and global significance on the Nulka In-Service Sustainment Project
* Permanent and full time Maintenance Support Technical Officer position
* Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air Defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapons Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects! We are at the cutting edge technologically and the projects we are working on are really interesting and unique. We believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. We are seeking to appoint a dedicated Maintenance Support Technical Officer and contribute to the Nulka In-Service Sustainment project. This rewarding position will be based at our office in Richmond, Victoria and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As a Maintenance Support Technical Officer, you will:
* Support the Nulka maintenance and inventory management activities and the achievement of performance metrics. This includes utilising company and customer databases to research and provide transactional support, undertake research and facilitate changes to maintenance documentation
* Operate various database systems for fleet assets, controlled items and consumable stores material for input, updating, re-order, control for life expiry and movements across a number of locations
* Organise, supervise and record disposal of assets and other expired materials
* Collaborate with the maintenance team to improve the maintenance process through investigation of changes to test regimes, maintenance documentation and tooling
* Collaborate with the engineering function to develop or verify design or process changes in support of cost effective achievement of defined maintenance scope
* Support periodic analysis of maintenance metrics to identify bottlenecks or other barriers where it may be possible to improve maintenance performance
* Design and implement improved reporting and relevant performance metrics
* Ensure that risk analysis is maintained for maintenance activities performed in support of the defined maintenance scope
As an ideal applicant you will have:
* Relevant experience in a technical or maintenance environment
* Experience in utilising maintenance management or asset/inventory management systems
* Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and strong communication skills – written and verbal
* A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability
Whilst not essential, experience in developing technical content for repair manuals will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html