AME Avionics | NSW-Nowra Facility
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2018|
- Full time aircraft maintenance opportunity with Defence industry leader
- Customer focused military aircraft in-service support environment
- Located in Nowra, NSW
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold under pin everything we do. Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is responsible for performing scheduled inspections, fault diagnosis, repair and modification to aircraft and aeronautical product in an aviation environment. The role is also responsible for maintaining, inspecting and undertaking fault diagnosis of avionic systems and components on fixed and on rotary wing aircraft in an aviation environment, at a standard to meet all regulatory and airworthiness requirements.
Looking for a new challenge? Looking for a ‘great place to work'? Looking to join a team that value respect, trust, communication and accountability? Look no further, our Aircraft Maintenance Support team is the perfect choice for you!
Applications are now sought from experienced Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineers who are agile, adaptable and committed to exceeding customer expectations for a crucial support role within our Aerospace team in Nowra, New South Wales.
As a key member of the Aircraft Maintenance Support team, this role will see you:
- Carry out all tasks, to the delegated and authorized level, including planning for planned servings and other unplanned maintenance
- Ensure all maintenance documentation and technical documentation/data used during maintenance, complies with the relevant manual, BAE Systems procedures and governing regulations
- Ensure all the appropriate documentation for engineering advise, defect reporting and publication amendments are incorporated, as required
- Report to the Team Leader, all defects, deficiencies and unserviceabilities, as they are discovered
- Initiate quality, non-conformance, or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks
- Ensure the hangar and workshop procedures are carried out in accordance with the relevant manuals and policies
- Ensure the workshop equipment is maintained and operating in the correct manner
As our ideal applicant, you will have:
- A Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) and relevant experience
- Knowledge of Australian Defence Force aircraft maintenance regulations and procedures
- A strong focus on maintenance procedures and processes, and an ability to work accurately, neatly, and without supervision
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner and develop practical solutions to maintenance problems, with appropriate guidance and technical expertise
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Sally Porter, HR Advisor – Recruitment and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application and a cover letter detailing your position of interest.
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html