Management Accountant | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2018|
- Management Accountant required for DDG sustainment program
- Unique opportunity to be part of something big
- Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Reporting to and working with the Senior Management Accountant, the Management Accountant will be responsible for supporting the DDG Managing Contract in maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial data and providing financial advice to facilitate planning and decision making.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Assisting with providing audit documentation for customer review
- Supporting month end tasks including determining/entering revenue trading amounts, preparing EOM journals (Project to Project / Accruals/ and Corrections) and invoicing.
- Assisting in preparing the annual budget (IBP) and monthly forecast updates
- Ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as accounting standards and legislations
- Preparing and presenting monthly results, contract status reviews, cash flow projections and other relevant information as required
- Providing detailed, accurate & relevant variance commentary
- Preparing project Sales & Margin trading plans
- Maintaining Project Risks & Opportunities that support the program to achieve its financial targets
- Attending monthly forecast meetings with Subcontractors
- Assisting and advising on the maintenance of projects within the Oracle ERP system
- Participating in the Analysis of Enterprise forecasts with the Senior Management Accountant
- Providing detail of funds availability and budget tracking to Project Manager and Cost Account Managers as required
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or a related discipline
- Chartered Accountant or working towards CPA
- Demonstrated self-management skills and ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standard and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with the Oracle ERP system (or similar) or exposure to Hyperion, desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html